Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Olivier

Oh hey

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

So glad I found a site like this! It's so professionally done. I've actually been following this site for a while and always told myself I'd register and now I finally got around to doing so. Though I'm a devout Christian, I really enjoy that this site brings all types of people together, regardless of spiritual beliefs (or lack thereof).

Anyway, I'm a 26 year old from N.Y.(USA) and I enjoy movies, writing, and the gym. My decision to wait till marriage is a personal one as well as spiritual one. I'm a really old-fashioned guy, who has sometimes felt that he was born at the wrong time, and I could never really understand the lackluster/nonchalant attitude society has regarding "dating" and sex.

Again, I'm really happy to have found this site.

Pleasure to meet you all!

Hi ! Welcome, glad you finally joined! I understand where you're coming from as far as being Christian, but enjoying hearing from people of different beliefs. My decision is personal and I guess somewhat spiritual as well. Random questions for you, are you from the city or upstate? My Dad & extended family is from upstate and people confuse it sometimes, so when people say they're from NY I'm always curious.

Oooh okay! Just curious =P My sister's going to Cornell so that's right up our alley so to speak

who has sometimes felt that he was born at the wrong time, and I could never really understand the lackluster/nonchalant attitude society has regarding "dating" and sex.

Absolutely know what you mean! I mean, there are a lot of things that would suck for me as a woman, if I had to go back in time, but as far as living in a time when it was considered normal to keep your hands to yourself, yes, please! Now the norm seems to be (for most at least, you know) that you are supposed to want to be Gropey McGroperson with every person of the opposite sex you lay eyes on. No thanks.

It's great seeing guys in their later twenties that are still waiting. It makes me have that much more hope.

Wholeheartedly agree.

i agree with every word you just said Alice!!! :D

"My decision to wait till marriage is a personal one as well as spiritual one. I'm a really old-fashioned guy, who has sometimes felt that he was born at the wrong time, and I could never really understand the lackluster/nonchalant attitude society has regarding "dating" and sex."

Hey ThatGuy I've failed to mention to you but I found this part of your introduction very intriguing as I have always felt this way too. I'm glad there is someone out there who feels the same way cus you've hit the nail on the head. lol I'm a very traditional old-fashioned kinda girl too and I've always felt I should have been living back in the early 90's or so ha. When pre-marital sex was not highly looked upon and women were more conservative cus now we're just considered snobs and prudes for our self-respect! ha wow It does get tough sometimes especially with being in college cus it does get lonely sometimes with not being so mainstream but it's okay now hearing that there is someone who is in the same boat. Everyone has always told me to give up and settle for anyone boy when the time comes cus I'd never meet anyone similar to me but this just gave me a boost. It gives me hope and inspiration to continue being true to myself. Good day and God Bless! :)

Hi everyone!

So glad I found a site like this! It's so professionally done. I've actually been following this site for a while and always told myself I'd register and now I finally got around to doing so. Though I'm a devout Christian, I really enjoy that this site brings all types of people together, regardless of spiritual beliefs (or lack thereof).

Anyway, I'm a 26 year old from N.Y.(USA) and I enjoy movies, writing, and the gym. My decision to wait till marriage is a personal one as well as spiritual one. I'm a really old-fashioned guy, who has sometimes felt that he was born at the wrong time, and I could never really understand the lackluster/nonchalant attitude society has regarding "dating" and sex.

Again, I'm really happy to have found this site.

Pleasure to meet you all!

I love to write. Mainly fiction and fanfiction. I come up with a poem here and there lol