Invincible

Physical strength = deal breaker?

16 posts in this topic

So ladies, this is a bit of sensitive subject for me. I was born with a genetic disorder that left me with mildly weaker muscles than the average person. I bring this up because a friend of mine once said she always loved being picked up and carried around by her man and if a guy wasn't strong enough to do that, she would view that as a deal breaker. I know that many girls would love that because it makes them feel feminine or protected or whatever, but because of my disorder I doubt I could ever do that for a girl. In fact, I would even say that a large percentage of women in this world is probably stronger physically than I am.

My question is, does a man's level of physical strength matter to you? Would you date a guy who was physically weaker than you? Be honest please.

Envincebal, I really couldn't care less how much physical strength a guy has. If I'm honest, I've never been particularly attracted to guys who are really muscle-y, you know, all brawn and little brains.

And who cares if a guy can carry your body? You want a guy who can carry your heart, give you a shoulder to cry on, give you hugs and kisses, and whatnot...That's all I really care about.

xxx

4 people like this

I understand what your friend is saying-I also think that's really nice. But, its not a dealbreaker. A dealbreaker would be smoking, doing drugs-like weed, or not respecting the fact that I'm waiting.

4 people like this

Bah, not at all. I prefer being held rather than thrown up or whatnot. :3

2 people like this

Bah, not at all. I prefer being held rather than thrown up or whatnot. :3

Good point PZ! If some girl judges you or gives you crap, she's clearly not worth your time. Like PZ said, you can still cuddle and hold her...if you couldn't do that, then there may be a problem :P

Good point PZ! If some girl judges you or gives you crap, she's clearly not worth your time. Like PZ said, you can still cuddle and hold her...if you couldn't do that, then there may be a problem :P

Yeah, you guys are totally right! Though some days I wish I was strong enough to scoop up a girl and carry her around while running in the beach like you see in the movies.

I may be weaker than most but I can sure give a surprisingly strong bear hug :)

3 people like this

I may be weaker than most but I can sure give a surprisingly strong bear hug :)

Yay! I love bear hugs!

xxx

Hey Envincebal I've always been curious to ask and I hope am not crossing a line but can you lift weights? Or does the genetic disorder stop you from being able to?

Hey Envincebal I've always been curious to ask and I hope am not crossing a line but can you lift weights? Or does the genetic disorder stop you from being able to?

Naw, you're fine man. I can lift weights, I just have to be more careful because it's easier to strain myself. It's more of the fact that I'm lazy and don't do it often for it to make any difference yet. I really need to get into a routine so I can build on the reps.

1 person likes this

Naw, you're fine man. I can lift weights, I just have to be more careful because it's easier to strain myself. It's more of the fact that I'm lazy and don't do it often for it to make any difference yet. I really need to get into a routine so I can build on the reps.

I think a mixture of that plus eating like horse lol will def net you some gains!! Go heavy on the protein! I have a friend that was always super duper skinny and once he really got into a lifting routine and started eating more and drinking protein shakes, etc. he really got ALOT stronger...and put on some solid weight...FWIW. I know it's different than your situation but it is amazing how good a little weight training can make you feel!

1 person likes this

I think a mixture of that plus eating like horse lol will def net you some gains!! Go heavy on the protein! I have a friend that was always super duper skinny and once he really got into a lifting routine and started eating more and drinking protein shakes, etc. he really got ALOT stronger...and put on some solid weight...FWIW. I know it's different than your situation but it is amazing how good a little weight training can make you feel!

Thanks for the tips, DD. Yeah I have no problem with the eating like a horse part, in fact I go a little crazy in the meat department :) It's hard for me to gain weight so I think protein shakes is definitely the way to go. I used to drink Ensure Plus and gained a few pounds but I couldn't handle the taste anymore. lol. But yeah, I heard that protein shakes are meant to be consumed right after working out so that it turns into muscle instead of just fat.

1 person likes this

EB, I think this question is like a girl asking the guys whether a girl being small in the chest department is a deal breaker. To some guys yes it would be, but I think it's a very shallow requirement and I think the majority of guys would say it is absolutely not a dealbreaker. Physical strength is not even near the list of requirements that I would look for in a guy. In fact it wouldnt even cross my mind to think about this.

What I would regard as important in a potential boyfriend is that the guy has morals, a sense of humour and is a warm caring person.

Plus you got the bear hugs down so you have nothing to worry about!! :D

2 people like this

No way! Lol. Physical strength isn't important at all. That's not a dealbreaker. Smoking, drugs, alcohol, and no education or job would be though.

For me no.

I could care less has big and strong a guy is..in real life anyway lol.

Like I've said looks do not matter to me. I'm all about personality.

That would be in no way a deal breaker! I would be awful shallow if it was. Only if he wasnt so strong cause of laziness, ignorance, etc, ya know.

I would rather a guy be emotionally/mentally/intellectually strong for me. :)

1 person likes this