Guest head girl

wtm counting page

25 posts in this topic

we should have a page with the number of waters we have on this sight and it should rise every time someone new joins, like a counter

3 people like this

Great idea! I can make that happen.

2 people like this

Don't we have this already on the home page of the forums? The total members counter at the bottom?

Technically the forums display a total registered count. But I could make that number much more prominent, so everybody browsing the site sees it. I would also probably pull the number of members who have registered and made at least one post, so we present a bit more realistic number.

3 people like this

Technically the forums display a total registered count. But I could make that number much more prominent, so everybody browsing the site sees it. I would also probably pull the number of members who have registered and made at least one post, so we present a bit more realistic number.

very good idea

UPDATE: All done! Look at the top of the site. I added a member counter. Let me know if you like it.

1 person likes this

I'm so glad you guys like it! I may need to make it a little less prominent outside the forums, because on article page it nearly overpowers the logo.

But it seems to be working, as it's already including our newest member (was 261 yesterday, 262 today). Anyhow, thanks for the suggestion and feedback; now on to the next thing!

Mike I'm having it look a bit weird on the forum pages, although it looks fine on the home page.

I've posted a screenie below - is that the way it's meant to look on the forums or is it just because I'm a Firefox fanboy running the Nightly releases?

post-1800-0-93412000-1343140500_thumb.pn

Mike I'm having it look a bit weird on the forum pages, although it looks fine on the home page.

I've posted a screenie below - is that the way it's meant to look on the forums or is it just because I'm a Firefox fanboy running the Nightly releases?

post-1800-0-93412000-1343140500_thumb.pn

I have this exact problem.

Same, I have that, using Chrome. Is that how it's meant to look? It's just weird, since it's just the number with no explanation of what it means.

(Hey, Stig, that's one nice looking arrow you've drawn!)

xxx

For those having the weird display: refresh once and it will fix it. Your browser is storing the old styles in cache. Still trying to figure out how to get around this.

UPDATE: Don't refresh yet! Am testing a new fix and want to see if it works.

UPDATE2: Ok I've duct-taped it for this change, and found a better fix to prevent the problem in the future (which I'll have to implement later). Look now. Is it fixed for you everywhere without refreshing?

Hooray! Nice one Mike.

And Jegsy, I've always been proud of my artwork I can do on Microsoft Paint! I even used to make lame animations in paint in High School haha

1 person likes this

i like the fact its on the home page, as soon as you come on to the site you see it, its a big reminder, that your not alone there is 200+! wow

1 person likes this

@head girl - I know! I didn't expect to like it as much as I do. It's amazing how fast and consistently it's ticking up. And when I see it go up I'm like "267? Who's the new member?!"

Very great idea. Thanks so much for suggesting it.

1 person likes this