Sophie

Am I the only atheist here?

30 posts in this topic

I'm an atheist too. For curiosities sake, what made you all become waiters? The waiters I've met in the real world are religious.

because i believe the sex will be meaningless if he's not my husband. there's no point. 

4 people like this

Hello,

I am not religious, although I am not an atheist either. I grew up in a Christian religion, & started to study other spiritual traditions when I was 18. For awhile I was a Mormon and learning and into metaphysics. I came to a place where I realized enough of my personal beliefs had altered, so as to realize I didn't hold enough of the church's beliefs I was brought up in to say I was apart of that church anymore. My family was & has been very loving, respectful , & non-judge mental of me & my decision-even family members who are way into that church! For that I will & am most grateful, & I even have felt so respected & not judged by the Mormon members near where I now live that I am comfortable & enjoy going to their socials. I am very very happy on my own path now though, & respect whatever path others take for themselves as their own path that works for them!

No you're not. There's plenty of Atheists on this site. Regardless of religion we're all waiting till marriage and usually for the same or similar reasons and through this we can connect and be friends. Don't let religion break the bonds of friendship. It's all about love. I love that people from significantly different religious backgrounds can come together and participate in a respectful loving community that is this site's forum.

1 person likes this

I'm not a church goer and I've never picked up a bible in my life but I do believe in the spiritual realm or "the other side" lol. I like to read books written by psychic mediums who have the ability to connect with spriritual beings like guardian angels and people who have crossed over. I find these things pretty fascinating lol I talk to God sometimes too lol I don't know if he can actually hear me but I always feel better afterwards.

Hello!

It's fun to hear your post where you mention many things I happen to be into as well!  I love Jim Self's work!  I find articles and books that talk about people who've had signigicant spiritual experience, such as almost dying- and seeing the light & having an experience where they see their deceased loved ones and angels so very comforting for me!  I do not like to feel seperate from those I love, so it's so relieving to me to realize that feeling of seperation is temporary-& not eternal!  I don't happen to read scriptures anymore, & I spoke a bit more on my shifting out of the religion I was brought in, in my recent post below.

I have wonderful family members and friends that are religious though-& the great thing is, we all love, accept, & don't juge one another!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this!:)