Guest OneHappyGirl

None or some or alot??

21 posts in this topic

Hey fellas!

I have a question. I think I read on here somewhere that guys prefer girls to be natural but I have a question. Do ya'll prefer natural as in not a dot of any type of makeup, or just a touch where it looks natural and she looks put together and more feminine, or she better have an entire layer or layers to cover up those blemishes???

As for me, I can go natural and do a lot of the times but I also wear it to where people think I'm not wearing anything or just some lipstick. Sometiimes if I'm bored I'll put a lot on for fun but that's once in a blue moon but I pretty much look the same with out it just with less reds, and pinks, and things like that on my face land I also like to wear makeup sometimes to feel girly and doll-like♥ lol Just curious...

I think girls look better when they aren't wearing any makeup at all. Those "blemishes" really just make you look better.

Perfection is a flaw.

3 people like this

For me personally I like a girl who has none or some; it all depends on the girl and what they're able to pull off. A lot of make-up comes across as high maintenance and low self-esteem (I could be totally wrong, but that's just how I see it). Plus, if you overdue it then you could end up looking like the joker.

5 people like this

I fall into the none or some camp for the most part. But I can also appreciate it when a girl gets all dolled up to go out to a nice dinner or show or something. So maybe my answer is that theres a time/place for any of the above? If that makes sense..kinda like what OHG said.

Like for instance my mom is the kind of woman who wouldn't DARE leave the house without "her face" on lol. I took her and my dad out on the boat over Memorial Day weekend and yep you guessed it she had to put makeup on before we left lol. I was like mom you're gonna be out in the heat and sun and in the water...no point lol. But thats just how she is. I like when a girl doesn't feel the need to always have it on...or at least only a little bit. Kind of refreshing :)

4 people like this

I prefer either none or some. There can be beauty within flaws/blemishes. I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but if I see a woman covered in makeup it's usually a turnoff.

5 people like this

It's so nice to see what all the guys have to say OHG!! Good question :) LTD you're not wrong; youre right on the.money. Girls who are not confident.in how they look will wear make up even with sweats. Or they apologize for not wearing any. Girls like that can be high maintenance too. Like some.girls at my school who got a Clinique (expensive dept store make up brand) counter in our school bookstore. REALLY ?!? Covergirl and Maybelliene aren't good enough for you?

3 people like this

Not only do I think girls look better without any makeup at all, there are some kinds of cosmetics that I'm just flat out repulsed by. One example is nail polish. I'm not exactly sure why it repulses me, but I just think it's gross with all the weird colors some girls put on like yellow and brown. Ugh! I guess what it comes down to is that makeup in general is just chemicals you're putting on your body and I hear most of it is bad for your skin and can even make your face age quicker.

I mean I don't mind it if a girl puts on lip gloss or something really light occasionally. However, my philosophy regarding makeup is this: God created women with perfect beauty. Why cover up that perfection with something that is imperfect and man made?

1 person likes this

To me, makeup is an extension of a girl's mind. What appeals to me is not necessarily lots of make up or no makeup; it's knowing how to use it really well. The hottest thing to me is a girl who's very in control of her appearance, however that control may manifest on a given day.

Show me a girl who can be a sweaty, disheveled mess at 3pm on the trail, and a perfect, every-hair-in-place knockout for dinner at 9pm, and I'll show you a girl who has very capable mind and sense of self.

Not sure if I explained that effectively. Basically what Naturally said represents my ideal attitude towards makeup. ^_^

4 people like this

Show me a girl who can be a sweaty, disheveled mess at 3pm on the trail, and a perfect, every-hair-in-place knockout for dinner at 9pm, and I'll show you a girl who has very capable mind and sense of self.

Haha I always thought that would be cool--just to shock a guy at how nasty/grimy you are at noon/afternoon and then be gorgeous lata :)

2 people like this

I truly believe that girls who leave the house with goth eyelined eyes and caked on foundation do not know how to apply it. The trick (and the irony) is to apply the make-up to look natural....Just a dab of foundation where you need it, A light line of eyeliner where your eyelashes are on the bottom not on your inner eye, A light puff of pink on the apple of your cheeks, and a clear or light lip gloss to bring out the natural colour of your lips....don't women have mothers to teach them this!?!

Despite this, i don't mind getting wet and it washing off, i'm very outdoors-y so don't bother with make-up when mountain-bike riding, canoeing, running etc because i know i'm just going to come back all wet and muddy anyway. But for something like work, i want to perform my best, and present myself the best i can.

The first part is legit the only thing any girl ever needs to know! Don't waste money on magazines lol!

And I'm with you completely about the second part! :) I always notice the people who look like they don't give two s**** at work, while others seem more put together, like they actually cared how they presented themselves.

1 person likes this

Haha I always thought that would be cool--just to shock a guy at how nasty/grimy you are at noon/afternoon and then be gorgeous lata

Haha. See, the fact that you find it cool and entertaining to make such a transition means that you're the type I was talking about. You know how to put it together, and you know that you know. This bodes well for dodgedude. :lol:

2 people like this

I agree with the majority of guys who posted: some or not all. For me, I think natural is beautiful, and for those that can apply makeup well, it can say something about the person (she is confident and classy).

1 person likes this

...don't women have mothers to teach them this!?!

I have a mother but she NEVER taught me this. Lol. And I don't wish she had. The one time I ever wore make-up, I had to get a friend to do it. I have no clue how to apply any sort of make-up, nor do I know how to do nail polish well. The only feminine things my mother taught me were body posture, language, and manners.

God created women with perfect beauty. Why cover up that perfection with something that is imperfect and man made?

I'm soo stealing this love it!!!!

3 people like this

I wear make up and i'm neither self-conscious nor have low self esteem, quite the contrary in fact.

If i'm going to work, uni, or to hang out with friends i have eyeliner, blush, lip gloss and foundation on. My reason? i want to look my best.

I truly believe that girls who leave the house with goth eyelined eyes and caked on foundation do not know how to apply it. The trick (and the irony) is to apply the make-up to look natural....Just a dab of foundation where you need it, A light line of eyeliner where your eyelashes are on the bottom not on your inner eye, A light puff of pink on the apple of your cheeks, and a clear or light lip gloss to bring out the natural colour of your lips....don't women have mothers to teach them this!?!

Despite this, i don't mind getting wet and it washing off, i'm very outdoors-y so don't bother with make-up when mountain-bike riding, canoeing, running etc because i know i'm just going to come back all wet and muddy anyway. But for something like work, i want to perform my best, and present myself the best i can.

I apologise to the men for the make-up lesson in this answer, i know it's not something you're interested in reading in an "ask the guys" thread.

Naturally!!!!!! you wear it like me when I do wear it!!!!! Omg!!!!! Love♥♥♥

1 person likes this

Haha. See, the fact that you find it cool and entertaining to make such a transition means that you're the type I was talking about. You know how to put it together, and you know that you know. This bodes well for dodgedude. :lol:

hahahahaha Mike!!!!!!!! :lol: ooohh...

2 people like this

I guess the real question is whether there's a difference in the makeup preference between guys who are waiting and guys who did not wait. There probably is. I think guys who are waiting tend to be more conservative; thus, will prefer modest makeup. From what I see today, most girls are wearing too much. It just tells me they're not comfortable with who they are and that their sole purpose for being in public is to be seen and flirt.

I wear make-up and for some who knows she isn't all that it doesn't help. I do the same put alot on for fun lol