Invincible

What is your ethnicity/national identity?

121 posts in this topic

Jk

Like others have said, I'm a white mutt, though my dad says we have a Welsh ancestry. I haven't really looked into it though.

I'm 7/8ths German, 1/8 Russian. However, I was born in and have lived my whole life in Kansas, U.S.A. Strangely enough, it's easier to imitate a Russian accent than a German accent, something I do quite often just to see the shocked looks on my coworkers' faces! :)

1 person likes this

100% British born and raised Very proud of it

However, My parents are from Sri Lanka.

I would describe myself as  an Asian Hugh Grant or Johnny Miller. British through and through. 

2 people like this

I am 50% Italian (of which 25% is Sicilian) so when asked I usually tell people I'm Italian. But honestly I got a little bit of everything mixed in from the other side...part Native American (Choctaw Indian) and Pensalvinia Dutch. But born and raised here in America so I'm proud to say I'm 100% AMERICAN!

1 person likes this

I'm half Latina, half French with a little Spanish, Italian and Filipino mixed in.

1 person likes this

English for generations on one side, French, Scottish and Irish on the other. People have often mistaken me for being Russian though (suppose it's the tall, pale thing!) - back in London I would have people literally coming up and speaking to me in Russian!

1 person likes this

Both my parents are from Jamaica. I was born and raised in Canada and consider myself Canadian/Caribbean Canadian.

1 person likes this

Both my parents are from Jamaica. I was born and raised in Canada and consider myself Canadian/Caribbean Canadian.

My parents are Guyanese.

1 person likes this

English for generations on one side, French, Scottish and Irish on the other. People have often mistaken me for being Russian though (suppose it's the tall, pale thing!) - back in London I would have people literally coming up and speaking to me in Russian!

there are lot of Russians in UK. UK is has a lot of nationalities. It is a melting pot of people. 

English (South london born and rasied) of Sri Lankan descent due to parents. Consider British Sri Lankan

I personally am attracted to white , sri lankan or south indian girls

I think I am 100% Haitian. I was born in Haiti but was adopted when I was a baby. I have no way of knowing what nationality my parents were but I do know that Haitians are from French and African descent.

I honestly don't know.....

If I go by skin color....... African American.

If I go by history..... White, Indian, French, and African. 

If I go by culture...... African, New generation of African Americans and Southern American.

But I don't identify with any of those things..... Too much pain, old culture, and not who I AM.

99% Child of God

0.5% Human

0.5% Pure Emotion (Female)

1 person likes this

It's pretty much impossible to truly know what ethnic mixture you are with any real certainty.  That being said, I know which countries my ancestors came from when they landed in Annapolis. They thought enough of the New World to abandon their national identities so I'll do the same. I guess I'd say I'm 100% Marylander as they got here before the country was even a dream and we were the first in our family to leave the state. Maybe my kids will be 100% Texan! :P

From what I know, I am English, German and a dash of Native American. Also there may be some Scottish in there as well. I would say I am pretty American because all of my ancestors that I found record of have been in the United States of America since before America was America. lol

I'm a 6th generation New Zealander. My ancestors were some of the first settlers to arrive there in the 1850s. One of them was a sailor and only settled there because he sank the boat he was on :P

If you go back further, I have English, Scottish and German ancestry. My mother says there's Maori blood in there somewhere but we haven't found it yet.

Culturally, I'm a mix of New Zealand and Swiss. I have the passport of both countries.

1 person likes this