Invincible

What is your ethnicity/national identity?

121 posts in this topic

I'm pretty much a white person who was born in the USA. My last name is Scottish. My Mom's maiden name is Scottish as well. So, my ancestry is Scottish! Yay plaid! And, Gaelic!!!

I wonder why Jegsy liked this comment.

1 person likes this

Mostly German, Greek, and American Indian. I think there's some Irish on my mom's side, too.

Everyone's ethnicity is so interesting to read about!

I am just a European mutt, lol--mostly Irish, German, Spanish, French, and a dash of Mexican and Native American.

Culturally: 100% North American

Pretty much african american all over...maybe some french in there somewhere. My grandfather came from france and was a "frenchman" but he might have just come from an african country that spoke french.

2 people like this

im Canadian? my dad is a metis (thats half french and half native canadian) and my mom is mexican , my moms dad is spaniard (at least i think thats how it went i need to ask her again) and her mom is mayan( which is native in mexico) so if im 1/4 native from both sides i guess that makes me 1/2 native too!! making me half of alot of things, i like to call myself mexicanadian which basically is just a guy that looks 100% mexican but speaks little to no spanish and perfect english

1 person likes this

im Canadian? my dad is a metis (thats half french and half native canadian) and my mom is mexican , my moms dad is spaniard (at least i think thats how it went i need to ask her again) and her mom is mayan( which is native in mexico) so if im 1/4 native from both sides i guess that makes me 1/2 native too!! making me half of alot of things, i like to call myself mexicanadian which basically is just a guy that looks 100% mexican but speaks little to no spanish and perfect english

Hello fellow Canadian. :)

I was born and raised in the state of Washington, in the United States. With the exception of a small, unspecified amount that's Native American, my ethnicity is Northern European. Two great-grandparents came over from Denmark, and another is Norwegian, so I have a lot of Scandinavian in me. The rest, to the best of my knowledge, is English, Scottish, and Irish. I have some ancestors who came to North America in the 1600s, and others who didn't arrive until the 1900s. The United States is indeed a nation of immigrants!

My heritage is mainly Scottish (McKintosh Clan) but also some French. But if asked what I am, I say Canada. THE TRUE NORTH STRONG AND FREE.

I'm West Indian. My dad is from Barbados, and my mom was born/raised in England but her family is originally from Jamaica. I was born and raised here in the USA.

I'm West Indian. My dad is from Barbados, and my mom was born/raised in England but her family is originally from Jamaica. I was born and raised here in the USA.

My parents are Guyanese!

1 person likes this

Welsh (House of Morgan Glamorganshire, Wales), Cherokee Indian. American. Born in Birmingham, AL.

About me:

Skin color: Asian

Eye color: Black

Hair Color: Black

Ethnicity would be Indian I guess.

or Asian may be

Not sure which one is ethnicity

Yeah nationality is Indian.

Generally, when asked, I respond with "'American." My ancestors had a presence on American soil before there was ever a nation here.

Beyond that though, more Scottish ancestry than anything else -- three eighths or more. In fact, my last name is absolutely as Scottish as it gets. After that it's mostly a northern and western European party mix -- English, Irish, Welch, some French, one eighth Itallian, and Scandinavian ancestry. The Scandinavian or "Viking" ancestry really showed itself in me -- moderately tall (6 ft.), blond hair, pale skin, green eyes, large heavy duty frame. I do have an almost nonexistent trace of Choctaw Indian as well. I believe it was my great, great grandmother who was in the Trail of Tears march.

3 people like this

Somehow I am way too many.

My father is French, Swiss, Austrian and Catalan. My mother is German, Dutch and Hungarian. I don't know how they managed that. And in pretty much equal parts too.

Maybe I should just say I encompass most of continental Europe and be done with it. Most of my family are still in Europe, it's only a handful from my mom's side who are in the U.S., but very few.

Whenever I ask someone what I look like, they usually say French... All I know is I'm very pale.

For what Nation I identify with, I think American actually. I do get the odd urge now and again to move to the south of France, tend a vineyard and simplify my life. But realistically that will wait until I retire, so several decades in the future.

1 person likes this