Invincible

What is your ethnicity/national identity?

116 posts in this topic

I am 100% Chinese, though I was born in the US and am culturally American.

1 person likes this

Scottish! I think I'm 100% Scottish, but there may be some Irish in there somewhere...

xxx

3 people like this

My ethnicity is Italian

My cultural background is Brazilian

My nationality is Australian and Brazilian

That's quite a background, Naturally! Were you born in Brazil or did you just obtain citizenship there?

Scottish, English, and German. I'm a pasty white mutt. :lol:

6 people like this

I think I may have some French in me...maybe Swedish too I'm not exactly sure lol. But I dont really identify with being anything other than American to be honest. My family's traced our ancestors back to Revolutionary war times here in America (late 1700s) so I'm far far removed from any other culture or 'homeland' or anything lol

1 person likes this

I think I may have some French in me...maybe Swedish too I'm not exactly sure lol. But I dont really identify with being anything other than American to be honest. My family's traced our ancestors back to Revolutionary war times here in America (late 1700s) so I'm far far removed from any other culture or 'homeland' or anything lol

I bet you're somewhat Scandinavian, DD. If the blond hair and big build says anything about you.

Could be lol. My brother looks like a freaking viking haha. Giant blonde haired guy lol..a lot of people think I'm the younger bro..even tho I'm almost 3 yrs older

1 person likes this

@Dodgedude - Has anybody called your brother "Thor" yet? :lol:

1 person likes this

Wow. All he needs is a bottle of mead and a war axe to go with it and he's ready for battle. haha!

1 person likes this

@Dodgedude - Has anybody called your brother "Thor" yet? :lol:

Haha he actually gets that all the time!! He worked at Lowes a couple summers ago and I was in there awhile back and a guy came up to me and asked me if I was Thor's brother bahaha

3 people like this

about 50% Irish 40% German 10% Italian and 100% Jalapeno.

White as white can be.

1 person likes this

I know I have some French (my Nana and Mom's first languages are French) and English (my Great Grandma's name was Mildred Townsend) but that's about it! :)

Mmm, I believe I'm a mixture of German/Swiss.. My great-great-great (however many times) grandfather was Swiss German. My heritage is Amish, but I only speak English (My parents still can speak English and Pennsylvania Dutch which is like Low German and can read High German but we left when I was around 2 so I never learned any of that)

1 person likes this

Where were you born Envincebal?

I was born and raised in the state of Oregon, USA. My mom was born in Hong Kong and my dad came from a village in China. They both immigrated and met in Canada before settling down here in America.

2 people like this

Japanese, German, and Filipino. I'm not Irish, although people have asked me that what with the red hair and all.

3 people like this

I'm all shades of mutt if you look back into it... I know we have an Irish ancestor who fought in the American Revolution, and at some point someone in our history married a native American (though you'd never know it, since I'm about as white as they come), etc... but Welsh and German ancestry take the cake by far.

Nationally I'm American, though we did live as expatriots in the Middle East for a number of years while I was growing up, so I'm sure third world countries had some impact on my world views.

2 people like this

I'm a mixture of German and Swiss. My background are the Mennonites that life in Pennsylvania (though not the Amish). My parents speak Pennsylvania Dutch but I don't.

1 person likes this

This is so cool to learn about everyone's ethnicity/national identity!!

Well my grandparents were white and Spaniard and my mother is hispanic. So there you are. ♥

1 person likes this

I am mostly Italian and Cuban (some Venezuelan and German in there, too!)!

1 person likes this

I'm a mixture of German and Swiss. My background are the Mennonites that life in Pennsylvania (though not the Amish). My parents speak Pennsylvania Dutch but I don't.

What are the Mennonites, may I ask?

The Mennonites are a Christian sect that was started by Menno Simons. They are known for being pacifists. They are similar to the Amish.

By blood I am Russian and Georgian. But seeing as I was adopted when I was 2 months old, I am 100% Canadian culturally. And my friends joke I am "extra white" because I burn so incredibly easily (even just ten minutes of sun exposure,) yet I never tan! Lol. I'll just be a pale freak forever then...

If I hadn't been adopted, I would still have Russian blood in me, although my family fled Russia in the 20's due to extreme hatred against the Jews. I would also have some Norwiegen blood in me. So if I hadn't been adopted...10% Russian, 10% Norwiegen, and 80% Canadian. Cuz absolutely no one in my family speaks Russian and Norwiegen, or is at all connected to those countries. That part of the family heritage is long gone.

1 person likes this

I'm pretty much a white person who was born in the USA. My last name is Scottish. My Mom's maiden name is Scottish as well. So, my ancestry is Scottish! Yay plaid! And, Gaelic!!!

2 people like this