Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Riccardo

Howdy!

6 posts in this topic

Greetings,

My name's Riccardo, I'm 20 and living in Australia. I'm completely shocked and delighted that such a website exists. I'm not necessarily waiting until marriage, but rather for 'the one'. That being said, I wouldn't have a problem at all with waiting until marriage.

I often feel VERY alone on multiple levels due to my waitingness, I'm sure many of you can relate to that. I don't drink, never even tried a cigarette, never done any kind of drug (aside from caffeine xD), don't have sex (let alone 'get with randoms' like everyone else I know) and I don't know anyone even remotely like me.

I often feel uncomfortable talking about these matters as well as matters of the heart. I once let slip to my parents that I was waiting and wanted to be with someone who was waiting too and my dreams were stated to be unrealistic with quite a violent tone. No one seems to have any respect for 'waiters' (especially in Australia), do any of you find that as well? I think I need a support group or something :P

I guess I should say that my reasons for waiting are not religious. I do have faith, just not in any organised religion and it does not factor into my decision to wait at all. I DO have somewhat of a sex drive, but it's activity fluctuates haha. I'll go through phases of not being interested in sex at all. Regardless of the activity level of my sex drive I will never be tempted to break my 'vow'... so that's good I suppose.

I'm sure you don't want to know my life story, so I'll leave it at that for now. However, in conclusion...

How exciting that there are others out there :D

Welcome, Riccardo!

I think you've found your support group. Over here in the US, people are usually pretty respectful of the idea of waiting (in my experience); it's just that nobody actually practices it themselves. I definitely share your hesitance to talk about it in normal social circles though.

But not here! Here you'll find friends. Here you can talk about it and share your story all you want, and usually find more agreement than not.

Random question for you: Do you see a lot of huge spiders on the ground in Australia? I was mountain biking the other night and kept seeing daddy long legs cross the trail. I kept thinking "if I was in Australia, those would probably be tarantulas". :lol:

Welcome, Riccardo!

I think you've found your support group. Over here in the US, people are usually pretty respectful of the idea of waiting (in my experience); it's just that nobody actually practices it themselves. I definitely share your hesitance to talk about it in normal social circles though.

But not here! Here you'll find friends. Here you can talk about it and share your story all you want, and usually find more agreement than not.

Random question for you: Do you see a lot of huge spiders on the ground in Australia. I was mountain biking the other night and kept seeing daddy long legs cross the trail. I kept thinking "if I was in Australia, those would probably be tarantulas". :lol:

Firstly, thank you for your kind welcome :)

I love agreement! It should help on those lonely, bitter nights :P

I've got kind of a funny story actually concerning the spiders. I've got an online friend in Louisiana who often sees large and poisonous spiders and snakes and who was in fact bitten recently by a Brown Recluse (never heard of it before she was bitten). Ironically enough however, I only ever see the occasional Huntsman and daddy long legs when it's hot and I live in quite a heavily wooded area compared to the rest of Melbourne :P

Good thing too, because I'm fiercely arachnophobic :S

I've discovered a spider crawling all over my car while I'm driving on 2 occasions and it's all I could do to stay on the road xD

Anywho... I've never seen a snake or a crocodile or a shark or any other kind of supposedly dangerous animals that are rumored to run wild in the streets of Australia :P

Hi Riccardo!

I can TOTALLY relate to you--I'm 21 and in my senior year of college here in the U.S. Imagine how popular I am with guys knowing I'm waiting and I don't let a guy spend the night unless he's my bf? Veryyy, i know =P But, I know it will only help my find the 'right guy' eventually. Sometimes I get into my own 'pity party' as well but this site helps me fix my attitude haha. I've never had a cigarette either or any type of drugs. (Other than caffeiene =P) I'm waiting till marriage for sex and that decision is based on personal/moral and somewhat religious/moral reaons. Hopefully this helps you as much as it has for me! :)

Hi Riccardo!

I can TOTALLY relate to you--I'm 21 and in my senior year of college here in the U.S. Imagine how popular I am with guys knowing I'm waiting and I don't let a guy spend the night unless he's my bf? Veryyy, i know =P But, I know it will only help my find the 'right guy' eventually. Sometimes I get into my own 'pity party' as well but this site helps me fix my attitude haha. I've never had a cigarette either or any type of drugs. (Other than caffeiene =P) I'm waiting till marriage for sex and that decision is based on personal/moral and somewhat religious/moral reaons. Hopefully this helps you as much as it has for me! :)

Haha 'pity party', I like that. Speaking of popularity... The ladies (and guys too to a lesser extent) treat me like I've got the plague when they find out I'm not interested in sex and want a meaningful relationship. Imagine what would happen if they found out I'm a virgin xD

It sure can be hard to deal with that kind of thing, but I try to remember that I wouldn't want to be with someone who reacts that way.

It certainly is helping, thank you. Never before have I received such kindness and especially on the internet :P

The ladies (and guys too to a lesser extent) treat me like I've got the plague when they find out I'm not interested in sex and want a meaningful relationship.

I know that exact rejection! As soon as guys realise I'm the type of girl who wants something meaningful they become disinterested. It hurts but then you just have to think that in this era, nobody wants to settle down just yet. Everyone feels the need to experience everything and anything they can otherwise they're just not living and they just don't fit in. We have to wait for them to mature, find someone who is willing to wait or even better find someone who is waiting.

It is hard but this site is really good for boosting your values and self esteem again so welcome! :)