Invincible

Have you ever cried during a movie?

69 posts in this topic

Maybe I'll regret sharing this later but I cried during the Broadway production of The Lion King. It's weird because the movie didn't make me cry, but the play did. 

1 person likes this

Most of the time, I am too busy being rock hard and never shed a tear.  I am not much of a crier at all.  But there was one time..  The last scene of the Notebook when I watched it for the first time.  ..A love so beautiful..  That's why I hate that movie.  I hate it because I love the movie and I don't like the vulnerability. haha

I'm going to cheat a bit and include video games in this since others have expanded the parameters to TV shows. Also, I would like to take this time to call out anyone who believes video games in and of themselves are childish or deny that it is an art form. You are simply wrong, ignorant and possibly on drugs. Perhaps all the above. So I am humiliating you in front of all the other forum members. The rest of you please join me in shaming and laughing at these people. Thank you for your cooperation.

Anyways, after that pointless and moronic rant, here are my video game examples:

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - The entire game is a tearjerker. It takes place in a mythical world and is about two boys on a journey to seek a cure for their terminally ill father. At one point, the two brothers were escaping captive from a cyclops. Along the way, they freed a cute and cuddly griffin who had be critically wounded. The two boys rode the griffin across the lands to safety. Upon reaching the destination, the poor baby griffin finally collapsed and died from exhaustion and from it's wounds. The FEELZ!!!!

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey - There is a point in the game where find a video diary of a bunch of scientists. It chronicles their twisted experimentation on a little girl named Faith. They periodically inject her a drug and monitor the effects it has on her over a many months. Over time, the drug starts to take it's toll on Faiths body and it was heartbreaking to watch her suffer. The experiment ended when Faith's vital life signs started to fail and eventually she flat lined and died. I just wanted to jump into the game to rescue her and gun down every one of those scientists. Then I would want to find a loving family for Faith who will give her the life she deserved :(

But of course, as much as I felt like crying, I never actually did. We all know that men don't cry....obviously :P

2 people like this

But of course, as much as I felt like crying, I never actually did. We all know that men don't cry....obviously :P

Bleh! Whatever! ;)

It's ok if you don't/can't cry. Some people just can't. Maybe those people who can't/don't cry during movies/tv/video games are better equipped to handle those of us that do. ??? Maybe? I don't know. It's a thought.

Those sound like good games. I don't know much about video games... aside that I like some of them. So, please don't make fun of me too hard for not knowing this. :D What is the platform for those games?

1 person likes this

I cried a manly tear or two during a videogame. Last of Us Left Behind. I challenge you not to.

I think I may have cried at the end of Harry Potter but that was like my childhood coming to an end xD

What is the platform for those games?

Brothers: Tale of Two Sons is on the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. Dreamfall is on PC and the original Xbox. Both are very story and character driven and also tell an epic tale.

I didn't read all the posts yet, because I didn't want to forget my list. I almost cried for Marley and me, UP, and the song Christmas shoes. I know you didn't ask for songs. I just figured I'd add it because it was the only thing that actually ever really made me cry. It got to a point where I would have to leave the room if it was playing. I was also about ten at the time. Long story short, not much makes me cry anymore.

I don't actually cry when I watch movies but I've suffered from depression when what I've watched didn't stop messing with my head. I especially remember watching this movie called Teenage Dirtbag and having very depressing dreams for some weeks.

Also, I almost always find myself rooting for the villain so I don't have much reason to cry because even if you're rooting for him, you don't really cry when he's vanquished in the end :).

Guilty as charged. Two that I know (I'm sure there were others) for sure were Passion of the Christ and American Sniper (because of the ending).

I bawled when Jack died at the end of Titanic. To be fair, I was about 6 when I saw it for the first time...but I've also cried at the ending each time I've seen it since. Our VHS copy split the movie into two parts because the whole thing couldn't fit on one tape, so for years I'd just watch the first tape and tell myself it really did have a happy ending.

There have been lots of TV shows that have made me cry, but not so many movies. I think it's because with TV shows you get to really love characters over the years, while with a movie you're really just with them for two hours on one day. That's probably why most of the other movies that made me cry have been series (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, even Star Wars).

I also cried at the Carl/Ellie scenes in Up, but it was actually happy-crying. Though it was sad that Ellie passed away, they had exactly the kind of marriage I always hoped for. I loved that Ellie really did consider her marriage, even in all it's ordinary moments, to be her 'great adventure', and I loved that she encouraged her husband to go on and live his life rather than sink into a depression over her. It was great to see all that on screen for once.

4 people like this

Our VHS copy split the movie into two parts because the whole thing couldn't fit on one tape, so for years I'd just watch the first tape and tell myself it really did have a happy ending.

I thought I was the only one who did that!  :)  

2 people like this

I'm tearing up now just thinking which movies to list.

The beginning of up, titanic when jack dies,bridge to terabitha,romeo+juliet.

I have never cried in a theatre or while watching a movie with someone, but there have been movies where I have cried alone. 

Braveheart - The scene at the end where Robert the Bruce is riding onto the field of battle and pulls the piece of clothing out of his gauntlet. He then says "You have bled with Wallace, now bleed with me." Makes me cry every time. 

Up - The whole beginning sequence is absolutely beautiful and also mortifying to think about. If I went through my whole life devoted to one woman and loved only her, I don't think I would want to live without her. 

Armageddon - The scene where Harry (Bruce Willis) rips off AJ (Ben Affleck) breathing tube and shoves him into the elevator thingy. Then AJ tells him It's his job to save the world, to which Harry replies "You go take care of my little girl now, that's your job. I always thought of you as a son AJ...always." That scene always makes me cry. 

I may tear up. I don't know why but I don't like to be seen crying so if I being to tear up I'll kind of fight it off and "suck" them back in. I don't usually just let myself cry in front of people. I'm usually alone if I do.

Off the top of my head I've teared up a bit during "Up", "The Green Mile", "ET" (I was little when I saw it), "Untamed Heart", "Inside Out" and "The Help" (when Skeeter finds out Constantine died and died of a broken heart). I'm sure there are others but that is all I can remember off the top of my head. The only film I did more than tear up to was "The Passion of the Christ".

I just saw another one that caused me to tear up a little. I'd seen it before but it got me again. Seven Pounds. After Emily meets with the "real" Ben who tells her Tim's full story and she's crying while reading the letter Tim had written her.

These two movies made me cry:

"Marley And Me" - the ending when they have to let Marley go - just recently rewatched it through https://torrentsites.com/ .

Another one is which made both my wife and I cry was Hachi - A Dogs Tale which is based on a true story.