Invincible

Have you ever cried during a movie?

69 posts in this topic

I feel like the older I get, the more I cry. I was on an overnight flight a few weeks ago, and bawled more than once during the movie Courageous. Man was I glad it was night and everyone was sleeping.

Any books-turned-movies seem to make me cry too. Having that book-emotional-connection makes it more intense.

1 person likes this

Yes..cried in many movies and even tv shows or commercials lol.

Yeah everytime I watch Selena I cry @PrincessVictoria and courageous makes me cry @keamo. Omg in bridge to teribithia I kept waiting for the girl to come back...that movie hurt me so bad I cried many times.. I couldn't believe she actually died!! (still can't watch the movie bc it hurts) besides that I have many more tear-bringing movies.

2 people like this

I can't get myself to have tears to anything emotional but I was very close when I saw the ending of "Life is Beautiful".

1 person likes this

I can't get myself to have tears to anything emotional but I was very close when I saw the ending of "Life is Beautiful".

I love that movie! 

1 person likes this

I cried a few times during that Adam Sandler movie "Click."

2 people like this

I've cried during so many movies - I'm so overly emotional! Amongst the movies that have made me cry are Titanic, The Notebook, The Land Before Time and Bambi. 

1 person likes this

The last movie I watch that really made me cry was Shindler's List! :') Such a beautiful, tear jurker, movie!! An other great movie that is very difficult to hold back tears is Courageous! Highly recommend if you haven't seen it! Just remember the tissues!!

2 people like this

Western movies:

Blindness

May

Hindi movies:

Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham

Kyon Ki

Anwar

^These three only made me tear up a little bit, though.

Anime (Okay, not movies, but I cried really hard while watching these):

Blood+

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Oniisama e...

Code Geass

Yes, many many times. Both with sad and happy endings. Sometimes I don't want people to see I am crying so I go to my room.

1 person likes this

Nkas2b9.jpg 

But seriously I have teared up in a few films, We Were Soldiers, The Notebook, Titanic, M*A*S*H* (the TV show) and a bunch of others.

4 people like this

I shouldn't be allowed to watch movies. I'd say about 85% of the time I end up crying (I'm hypersensitive, though, so there's a reason behind it).

I cry during the obvious ones like Titanic, Les Misérables, The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas, A Little Princess, The Secret Garden, Lusitania: Murder On The Atlantic, Joyeux Noël, The Lion King, A Night To Remember...

I cry every time I watch Troy - I just can't take Patroclus' and Achilles' deaths :( And I've cried during every single one of Hayao Miyazaki's films, but especially Princess Mononoke - when Moro and Okoto die, when the Forest Spirit is killed, and right at the end when everything comes back to life.

I've also been known to cry during documentaries. Un Jour Sur Terre (I think it's called Earth in English) was the worst. I felt so guilty, when it finished I ran outside and I was like, "no, Mother Earth, we love you"! :P

I sobbed big time during Two Brothers, you would've thought somebody had died. And I bawled my eyes out all through Brave from beginning to end, although that was partly for a different reason (Merida reminded me so much of a friend of mine).

Like I said, I shouldn't be allowed to watch movies. I'm a flooding hazard ;)

I remember the first time I cried in a movie theater, I was probably 10yrs old...The Champ... then Heros with Henry Winkler...I've been crying ever since!! I guess it's better than falling asleep!! I am real bad for that...so bad I fell asleep during Gladiator!! 

My friend and I watched the Gabby Douglas movie...oddly enough he got all teary eyed and I didnt. But in that moment my heart opened up to him just a little bit more <3 I laughed and cried during Tyler Perry's play "Neighbors from Hell" last night...

Passion of Christ...I bawl like a baby. Actually whenever someone is preaching about the moments leading up to Christ crucifiction I cry. Its just too much for my heart to take. I have to praise His name and thank Him for dying for me!

1 person likes this

As a kid I never cried during a movie until the day I saw Titanic in the movie theater. My family made such a big deal of it because they must have thought I was heartless until then. lol

Now, I am much more emotional. I cried during The Boy in the Stripped Pajamas, Heaven Is For Real and lots of other movies over the years. That's all I can think of now though. 

2 people like this

Ok I'll admit it I'm a big crybaby! lol! I'll cry watching almost any movie. If the scene is sad enough, I'm almost bound to cry. It's unavoidable for me. The last time I watched Fox and the Hound I cried, right when she had to leave the fox behind. (Gosh I really want to watch that movie now lol). I also cried at the end of Tangled (yes I cry watching animated movies, don't judge). If an animal dies, or if the movie is a sad romance, I will cry.

And Vince I definitely did bawl my eyes out watching the Notebook. lol

3 people like this

I almost never cry, and feel a bit weird when I go to movies with my friends and they cry, haha! Musicals affect me much more than normal movies though, and I have teared up watching both Les Miserables and The Phantom of the Opera. 

No one has mentioned Marley and Me yet.  It was like watching my own yellow lab die on screen.  And I had read the book so I knew what was coming!  It was a very good thing I was with family watching it and someone else was driving home.  To this day, I can only watch so far then have to either turn it off or get up and leave the room.  

1 person likes this

No one has mentioned Marley and Me yet. It was like watching my own yellow lab die on screen. And I had read the book so I knew what was coming! It was a very good thing I was with family watching it and someone else was driving home. To this day, I can only watch so far then have to either turn it off or get up and leave the room.

The funny thing is I was about to mention how people thought I was heartless for not crying at Marley and me...it just wasn't all that I guess...(for me) Besides that, I've cried during many movies..

1 person likes this

The funny thing is I was about to mention how people thought I was heartless for not crying at Marley and me...it just wasn't all that I guess...(for me) Besides that, I've cried during many movies..

It normally takes a lot for me to cry at a movie, but I have a yellow lab of my own so it was like watching my own dog!  Other than that, while there are some movies that bring a tear to my eye, those with animals are the worst.  

I sobbed out loud during the end of Titanic even as my older brother laughed hysterically at me. I cried during Toy Story 3 when they were in the garbage plant and during the end. I cried at the end of Les Miserable. Time Traveler's Wife. The end of Beauty and the Beast. I did not cry at The Notebook because I already knew how it ended. The last song when the dad died from cancer. I cried at A Walk to Remember. I cry a lot on books as well such as my Sister's Keeper and basically anything with death in it. Bridge to Terebithia also made me cry. These are just a few of the movies I have gotten really emotional at but I am sure I will think for more later.

I sobbed out loud during the end of Titanic even as my older brother laughed hysterically at me. I cried during Toy Story 3 when they were in the garbage plant and during the end. I cried at the end of Les Miserable. Time Traveler's Wife. The end of Beauty and the Beast. I did not cry at The Notebook because I already knew how it ended. The last song when the dad died from cancer. I cried at A Walk to Remember. I cry a lot on books as well such as my Sister's Keeper and basically anything with death in it. Bridge to Terebithia also made me cry. These are just a few of the movies I have gotten really emotional at but I am sure I will think for more later.

I could NOT believe what they did to everyone in Bridge to Terebithia...I was SO SO SO pissed and I cried pretty hard lol I still can't believe what they did... :(

1 person likes this

I watched Bridge to Terabithia on the plane. My sister was watching it too on her screen, and she was five minutes ahead of me. I remember really enjoying the film until I felt a pat on my arm and my sister looked at me with tears pouring down her cheeks, and said: "Prepare yourself. It's going to get really sad."

3 people like this

Oh and Old Yeller. I had a yellow lab who died and even when I first watched it I cried so hard. I don't think there is a single time I watched that movie without shedding a few tears. I haven't watched it for years and I don't plan to. Once was really enough.

Yeah I really didn't see that coming in Bridge to Teribithia CrystalFaerie and _Egirly_ and since I didn't read the books before hand I thought it would be this really happy story. I mean parts of it were but man after that I almost didn't want to finish the movie.

I can sit through a horror flick, and barely flinch, but give me a sappy love story, or a sad story of any kind, and I will range from sitting there in sad silence to tears flowing sobs. Parts of The Notebook, even the actual book, got me. I get happy tears almost any time the protagonists in a love story get together. A Walk to Remember got me, and it was a bittersweet movie. Lovely Bones hit me too hard, and too close to home. I think you get the picture. :) I AM a big ol' softy when it comes to touchy feely movies.

1 person likes this