Invincible

Have you ever cried during a movie?

69 posts in this topic

If you have, what movie were you watching and describe the scene?

I never actually cried in a movie before but I almost did once. I was saw the movie Miami Vice at the theater with some friends. It was the worst movie I'd ever seen!!! I almost cried because I spent 10 bucks to see that colossal failure. There was barely any action at all. It was just a bunch of pointless sex in between multiple boring drug dealings. It was the only movie where I walked out while the movie was still playing because I could not stand it anymore.

HA! Not quite what you were expecting, were you? You thought I was a softy and was going to confess that I started bawling in the middle of the Notebook. Well, you thought wrong :)

4 people like this

hahahaah Vince! Good one!!! Yeah, the movie tangled and Freedom Writers! Real tear jerkers there! :)

1 person likes this

Lol, was not expecting that, haha. The first and only movie I ever really considered walking out on was Skyline.

Talk about a terrible movie...

As for cyring during a movie? I have to say Lovely Bones hit me the hardest. Such a sad and beautiful movie.

Saoirse Ronan is one of my favorite actresses. She is amazing!

1 person likes this

I've never full on bawled my eyes out :P lol but I've teared up during movies before several times..can't think of any off the top of my head tho

2 people like this

Oh my gosh...Here on Earth (LeeLee Sobeski and Chris Klein)-if I told you all the scene it would ruin the movie, but oh my gosh it's a tear jerker!!! And so it Though None Go With Me (Christian directed by one of the authors of Left Behind). Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.

1 person likes this

Two movies i can think of are The blind side, My sisters keeper. I cried in those. They had some tear jerker moments.

2 people like this

I'm with DD, I have never bawled my eyes out, but I have come close. "Gladiator" and "Schindler's List" come to my mind.

2 people like this

Seriously, the list would be too long to write...

Beautiful (or epic, emotional etc) music makes me cry, and generally film music is along these lines. Often I'll be crying in places that aren't even sad - it's only a little embarrassing!

I even cried in the Matrix...when Neo kept getting up after Agent Smith took him down in the train station. His resolve made me tear up and get emotional.

Yep, strong alpha male right here...

4 people like this

I rarely cry at films. When I went to see the Hunger Games in the cinemas, I was the only person in the cinema who wasn't crying when Rue died (no wonder my friends call me heartless, ahaha). But I do cry it some films, for example everytime I watch Moulin Rouge or Rent I tear up. I cry when I watch musicals at the theatre too! Billy Elliot, Blood Brothers, War Horse, Wicked... any musical with anything vaguely worth crying, I cry at! :P I think music just gets to me more than straight film acting.

I cry at a lot of movies...

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, that ending really makes me cry. And the end of The Green Mile...

xxx

1 person likes this

Oh my gosh...Here on Earth (LeeLee Sobeski and Chris Klein)-if I told you all the scene it would ruin the movie, but oh my gosh it's a tear jerker!!! And so it Though None Go With Me (Christian directed by one of the authors of Left Behind). Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.

yeah I watched though None Go With Me Yesterday----yeah I cried some.

SO MANY FREAKING TIMES!!!!! I am a crier when it comes to sad scenes in movies, television, books, theater, opera...I cry very easily in sad scenes.

Some stuff that made me cry

Bridge to Terebithia - movie

Wall-e - movie

InuYasha - anime

Harry Potter - the books and the movies

Click - movie

A Little Princess - movie

Rigoletto - opera

The Little Mermaid - movie

Ghost Whisperer - television show (I cry almost every episode)

Billy Elliot - broadway show

In the Heights - broadway show

The Year of Magical Thinking - play (I didn't cry reading the book)

And this is not even scratching the surface.

1 person likes this

Notice that any time an animated film is mentioned, I'm liking it, lol?

Yes, Mark. I noticed. I like animated films too.

I almost never cry during a movieI except in movies where animals die: The Lion King, Bambi, King Kong...even if it's a movie when one just gets hit by a car or something...I will probably start crying.

Besides that I cried during the last 4 Harry Potter movies especially the last one. Harry Potter was like my childhood and I just had too many emotions going on. lol.

I am a sensitive soul. I can't even count how many times I have cried during a movie.

Here is a mini list.

Action:

-Transformers II and III (when Optimus Prime died and when the Decepticons were killing the robots)

-Hancock (when he jumped out of the window to save Mary)

-Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (would you wait ten years for your love)

Kids:

-WALL-E

-Lion King

-Toy Story 3

-Tangled

Drama/Love

-My Sister's Keeper

-The Time Traveler's Wife

-The Notebook

I even cry while watching television. Watching shows such as Extreme Makeover really gets the tears flowing.

To this day, there are certain scenes in The Elephant Man that I will not, nay, can not watch.

The saddest film I've ever seen is probably Grave of the Fireflies. It's an animated movie about World War II. It's so miserably depressing that I felt like I had PTSD after seeing it.

To this day, there are certain scenes in The Elephant Man that I will not, nay, can not watch.

The saddest film I've ever seen is probably Grave of the Fireflies. It's an animated movie about World War II. It's so miserably depressing that I felt like I had PTSD after seeing it.

The Elephant Man was just an AMAZING movie in all respects, and yes, it does get very touching/emotional.

Never seen nor heard of Grave of the Fireflies though (which is kinda embarrassing with me selling myself as an animation fanatic, lol).

Never seen nor heard of Grave of the Fireflies though (which is kinda embarrassing with me selling myself as an animation fanatic, lol).

It's a Studio Ghibli! You know, the same company that did "Spirited Away" and "Kiki's Delivery Service" and "Princess Mononoke" and "My Neighbor Totoro" and "Castle in the Sky" and "The Cat Returns"...they have loads of them! Awesome movies! Although, "Grave of the Fireflies" is one of the ones I haven't seen.

xxx

1 person likes this

It's a Studio Ghibli! You know, the same company that did "Spirited Away" and "Kiki's Delivery Service" and "Princess Mononoke" and "My Neighbor Totoro" and "Castle in the Sky" and "The Cat Returns"...they have loads of them! Awesome movies! Although, "Grave of the Fireflies" is one of the ones I haven't seen.

xxx

Yeah, I looked it up right after I heard the name and discovered that it was Studio Ghibli, a studio of which I've never seen any of its films. I need to start w/that, lol.

I have seen that movie, and I agree with you. The movie is sad and depressing.

I have seen that movie, and I agree with you. The movie is sad and depressing.

It kind of leaves you with same feeling you get when you go to see a sick relative in the hospital. At least, that's the way I felt after watching it.

@markb4 - If you've never seen a Ghibli film before, I'd suggest Spirited Away or The Cat Returns before trudging through Grave of the Fireflies. They're lighter and fluffier, like a biscuit from KFC.

1 person likes this