Sophie

What do you look like?

13 posts in this topic

I really am curious to see what all the waiters on this site look like. This is because I was insecure that no guy would be willing to wait for me because of my weight. I DO plan on loosing 12-15lbs over the summer (which I'm sure I can do with perseverance,) so hopefully my weight will no longer be an issue for me. But that got me thinking, "Have other Waiters felt like they couldn't WTM because they were 'unattractive'?"

I am pasting the same thread in "Ask the Girls" and "Ask the Guys." Feel free to make comments on both threads, but don't say your physical description in "Ask the Guys" if you're a girl, and vise versa.

So, my question to you is this: 1.What do you look like, and 2. Have insecurities over your looks made you think that maybe you shouldn't WTM in case no one wants to marry you or date you?

1. I am a size twelve, but too much of my weight is around my stomach so I'm not an attractive size 12. I have a beautiful face (when I don't have acne,) and really pretty dark brown, curly, long hair. Everyone tells me I am a very beautiful/pretty girl and I DO believe them as long as I have NO acne. Acne is the bane of my existence (but it's never on my cheeks and usually not on my forehead. But ALWAYS on the sides of my face and usually even on my chin, under my chin, and under my jaws. Sometimes it almost fades...and then comes back. Grrrr. I stand at 5'3.5", my eyes are moss green (just like the eyes of this weird little girl: http://media-files.g...d96/f3/full.jpg ) My skin is quite pale. And...I think that's it.

2. YES. I have had a lot of insecurity over my looks, and most of it has to do with my acne. I swear that if I had no acne at all, I would feel 75% more beautiful. The other 10% is my stomach, and the rest is my weight. But because I am currently quite insecure about my looks, I am certainly not ready to date yet. One should never start dating until they have complete confidence, I believe, about themselves.

You sound stunningly beautiful Sophie!! Dont ever wanna hear you say you're not pretty enough to WTM again!!!

I'm 5 foot 5 inches with brown hair (not dark brown, not nearly blonde, just right in the middle brown) and blue eyes (kinda a middling blue too... nothing too dark or light). I dont think I have a beautiful face, it's average on the pretty scale but I'm happy enough!! I have a good figure, a US size 6 / UK size 10. My skin is pale but I can get a good tan when in the sun.

I used to be a bit insecure about my looks when I was in my early teens because I had big mad harry potter style glasses, frizzy hair (thank god for ghd) and I just looked a bit awkward (you know spotty, braces and not a girl and not a woman in my facial features....sounds like a Britney Spears song!). But thankfully that all kinda sorted itself out as I progressed through puberty. Phew :D

I used to be a bit insecure about my looks when I was in my early teens because I had big mad harry potter style glasses, frizzy hair (thank god for ghd) and I just looked a bit awkward (you know spotty, braces and not a girl and not a woman in my facial features....sounds like a Britney Spears song!). But thankfully that all kinda sorted itself out as I progressed through puberty. Phew :D

Hey, Harry Potter is awesome! ;)

Hey! Well, I'm female :P I'm 5'4" if you round my height up to the nearest inch :P I've got brown hair which walks a very fine line between 'defined curls' and 'frizzy waves'. I'm fairly pale because I'm quite an indoorsy person - if I spend more time outside I'd probably be quite tanned. I've worn glasses since I was three years old, they're like a permanent feature haha :D I have been insecure about my looks before but I'm happy with the way I look now! Most of the time anyway! I also walk a fine line between "underweight" and "healthy weight" because I have a crazy fast metabolism which just burns up literally every calorie I eat... that sounds favourable for most people but it's actually a real pain. Therefore I'm pretty thin (UK size 6/8 which I think is about US size 2/4?? correct me if I'm wrong) and hmm what else can I say? I have green eyes? Yeah, I think that's about it :)

Hey WhiteRose, I used to be a UK 6/8 too when I was in my late teens, could eat all I wanted and the weight never went up! Im more an 8/10 now though! The metabolism has slowed somewhat in the last couple of years :(

You sound stunningly beautiful Sophie!! Dont ever wanna hear you say you're not pretty enough to WTM again!!!

I'm 5 foot 5 inches with brown hair (not dark brown, not nearly blonde, just right in the middle brown) and blue eyes (kinda a middling blue too... nothing too dark or light). I dont think I have a beautiful face, it's average on the pretty scale but I'm happy enough!! I have a good figure, a US size 6 / UK size 10. My skin is pale but I can get a good tan when in the sun.

MM, you can't tell someone they are beautiful and then not believe the same for yourself, because you are :) Don't let anyone tell you any different.

1 person likes this

Ah but EB, I dont have any hang ups or insecurities about my looks! I am happy with my appearance even though I dont think I am drop dead gorgeous!

I used to worry about it when I was a kid but not anymore, Im happy with what God gave me!

Hey WhiteRose, I used to be a UK 6/8 too when I was in my late teens, could eat all I wanted and the weight never went up! Im more an 8/10 now though! The metabolism has slowed somewhat in the last couple of years :(

People have told me that before, which worries me a little bit, but I guess I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it! I've got too much going on in my life to think about a healthy diet, haha :)

1.What do you look like:

- Five foot

- Small frame

- Dark brown hair

- Brown eyes

2. Have insecurities over your looks made you think that maybe you shouldn't WTM in case no one wants to marry you or date you?

- My weight and body shape... if I was taller things might look a little better

- Acne

1. What do you look like: Im 5 foot 3, a (British) size 10, curvy and compact i guess. Uhm, Long wavy/curly blonde hair, Dark brown eyes, pale skin (my colouring is really weird) and ive been told that im very pretty, and that my face is very symmetrical...which, i think is a complement...

2.Have insecurities over your looks that make you think that maybe you shouldnt WTM in case noone wants to marry or date you?: Im quite confident about the way i look, except i dont like to wear too revealing clothes, like, i only like to wear skirts that are just above the knee because im self conscious about 'showing myself off', and i dont like wearing anything low cut. Nothing about the way i look makes me think i shouldnt WTM, because looks dont even come into it!

The person you marry will love you for you, trust me. Ive seen a hell of a lot more unattractive people married than attractive, and they have been in a really happy, long term marriage. If a person is looking for a 'fling' then looks do tend to come into it; but with marriage, it really shouldnt. And if the marriage IS based on looks-then i cant see it lasting very long.

1. What do you look like?

-well like my profile picture! :P jk

- I'm petite but curvy from what people tell me

- 5"6

- tan skin

- dark brown hair

2. Insecurities?

- I think I was a lot like MarriageMaterial, in the sense, that I was not the cutest crayon in the box but then something happened to me in HS (which I didn't even know because on the inside I was still the same nerd who loved music, to study, and read) to where guys thought I was pretty attractive and girls were pretty mean but I didn't understand why at the time so it would hurt my feelings a lot but that was hs so whatever.

-but now at this stage in life I"m very confident and just always honor myself and my values instead of letting people have their way with me♥

1 person likes this

Honey, each woman has their "thing". Unfortunately in this society it ends up being something to do with their looks. My ideal size would be to be that size 10. No thinner. Unfortunately, I think my metabolism died when I was in third grade and no matter what I did, played every sport, ate the most awful things and tried every diet, it just wouldn't help. I even went to a dietician who told me I wasn't eating enough. Talk about a mind blow. Still can't get that one in my head today. So a few years ago I stopped caring. Didn't want to watch or care about every little single thing that went into my body. Now I'm working on getting healthy for me. It's not an easy road, but one worth traveling and something I'll have to deal with all my life. I'm almost 5'7', long torso, auburn hair, green eyes and 360 pounds, last checked. Some still muscle from the years in sports.

But here's what I learned for me a LONG time ago, being different or not what society deems as perfect may have very well saved me. I know family and friends who still look for and find acceptance in what me think of them because that's where they've looked to and found it their whole lives. Because I couldn't, I didn't. I became the amazing woman with the personality, the home, the car, the job, the hobbies and the friends that I have today. I'm not looking for someone to complete me, I'm looking for another whole individual to come alongside me whose definition of attractive is different than some because mine surely is.

1 person likes this

Oh and I heard a comedienne say, every woman has her fat jeans that she keeps under the bed. Even a size zero has a size 2 pants laying around somewhere.