LiveTheDream

26 years of waiting and counting...

20 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm a 26 y/o male who is waiting for the special night. I work 3 jobs and I am in school full-time. I'm very glad I have waited, however it has been the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. Basically, the last two years have been the hardest years of my life: the work environment in one of my jobs is very "loose-minded" meaning that everyone there (except for me) is under the belief that you should sleep with as many people as possible before settling down into marriage. While I have stood my ground in debates about this topic, my morals are seen as ridiculous, pathetic and unrealistic to most of my co-workers. However, I have earned respect from some for standing my ground, then there are others who call me "half of a man" for not stooping down to everyone's level. Let me just note: I don't condemn any of my co-workers for having different morals and I am very close with most of them.

Anyways, I ran into this website by doing a google search of: "how many people waiting until marriage to have sex?" and so here I am! I've read a lot of the posts on here and I have to say that I am very encouraged and thankful to have found this website. I have one friend who is still WTM and thank God for him because I wouldn't have anyone to be accountable to if it weren't for my best friend (I will definitely be telling him about this website) But now I have all of you as well!

We're all in this together! Hope you all have a good week!

3 people like this

Hey LTD! Welcome to WTM.org! Huge props to you for standing your ground despite the ridicule and jokes. Anyone who does that because of a personal decision you made that affects no one but you probably speaks to insecurity on their part. But anyways, you're right in that we're all in this together and we're here to support you in any way we can.

BTW, I see you're a fellow Oregonian! Yay, represent!

1 person likes this

Hey LivetheDream, welcome to the boards :). I found this site through a Google search too, and I'm glad you found us. I'm 26 and waiting too. I hope you find encouragement and support you deserve on here; I surely have.

1 person likes this

welcome. I'm with envincebal - you deserve a double dose of encouragement by having arrived here with our choice, but also having arrived here and having publicly debated your choice among your work friends! I will say you have my respect moreso because I never had to join that - just among my closest friends :-)

I'm a forties married guy - so I'm the other spectrum on here - a successful waiter - so welcome to the site.

1 person likes this

Hi Dream. (Hm, that came out wrong.)

I'm basically in the same boat as you. Age, two jobs plus school coming up (returning for a second degree), and if you count the freelance writing I do on the side, that's three jobs.

I too work in an environment that is very loose-minded. Doesn't help that most of them are females either. :P

Good to know a few good guys are still out there. What made you commit to waiting? Have you found any women that share that value? And would it be difficult for you to accept a woman who didn't wait?

1 person likes this

Any man who is WTM is nothing less than the best. Welcome! :3

5 people like this

Welcome! This family is growing so fast almost everyday we have someone to greet.

1 person likes this

Welcome to the site LiveTheDream

hoping this site will be a real encouragement to you. Hang in there and it is awesome hearing you stick with your decision. B no means are you a "half a man" for waiting. I am 34 and WTM and everyone on the site is in the same boat together.

Holdingthope

1 person likes this

Thank you for welcoming me here everyone! I'm excited to contribute in discussion with all of you on topics related and unrelated to waiting until marriage.

What made you commit to waiting? Have you found any women that share that value? And would it be difficult for you to accept a woman who didn't wait?

Hey LonelyKnight,

What made me decide to wait: I grew up in church and in 7th grade my youth pastor held a sermon about the benefits of waiting until marriage. I've stayed true to that commitment ever since. However, I have found better reasoning beyond just that that people in the secular culture can understand and somewhat relate to. I'll just put it simply: I only want to and desire to be with one woman, the woman I will someday call my wife. When people tell me how unrealistic or stupid that idea is, my come-back to them is "Feel free to tell my future wife on our wedding day how stupid I was for waiting for her and her alone, for winning her over, for building a friendship and a relationship with her and winning her trust, when instead of doing that I could have been screwing around with 100+ girls that I don't care about. Tell her how stupid I am for putting her first before giving into my desires or temptations." After I tell people that who ridicule me for waiting they usually have nothing else to say. This may come across as a harsh reaction, but anyone who attacks you for your values needs a taste of their own harsh medicine, so I find nothing wrong with being harsh (when you need to be) when it comes to standing up for yourself.

I have dated a few girls who shared the same value, however they were pretty awkward and not very experienced in the dating scene. During this one date I kept complementing this girl; we were just having small talk and she told me that she needs to get into shape and I told her that she looked great and that I thought she was tiny (because she really was! She was probably 5'2'', 100-110 lbs. if that) and she said: "ohhh don't let looks deceive you, I'm really not in that great of shape." I mean, COME ON!!!!! Take a complement for crying out loud! I also dated another girl who was 3 years older than me and WTM, she really didn't have much to say and all she talked about was school, work and how there's so many terrible guys out there. She also failed to acknowledge every effort of chivalry I showed to her (most non-Christian and non-WTM girls ALWAYS notice and appreciate this about me).

Side Note = Girls reading this: if you want to better youself: ALWAYS take compliments no matter how big or small they are, and ALWAYS show appreciation towards chivalry.

Anyways..... basically, I'm not specifically looking for a virgin, I'm looking for someone who is willing to wait with me. Virgins are pretty rare to find the older you get, so if that's what I cared about then I'd only date 6-7 years younger. I don't condemn any girl for not waiting, however if a girl is not willing to wait with me then, by all means, move on from me because there are plenty of guys out there who will date you, willingly engage in pre-marital sex with you, dump you the next week and forget your name by the end of the month.

So yeah, that's my take on waiting and my reason for doing so. Hope you all have a good night!

4 people like this

LiveTheDream! Nice to meet you! I admire your strength and understand where you're coming from I've worked in the same kind of environment so I understand! I wish you the best of luck in your waiting journey and look forward to learning more about you! Be blessed!

1 person likes this

"Feel free to tell my future wife on our wedding day how stupid I was for waiting for her and her alone, for winning her over, for building a friendship and a relationship with her and winning her trust, when instead of doing that I could have been screwing around with 100+ girls that I don't care about. Tell her how stupid I am for putting her first before giving into my desires or temptations."

She also failed to acknowledge every effort of chivalry I showed to her (most non-Christian and non-WTM girls ALWAYS notice and appreciate this about me).

Side Note = Girls reading this: if you want to better youself: ALWAYS take compliments no matter how big or small they are, and ALWAYS show appreciation towards chivalry.

Welcome LTD!!!

-Sorry to be blunt/graphic, but any woman who hears that on her wedding night will just pounce on her new hubby lol :wub:

-I think Christian and WTM girls still notice those things...at least I do :P

-As far as your side note, I've heard that and try to do both!

1 person likes this

Welcome, LTD! Go Oregon! 3 jobs and full-time schooling? That's pretty amazing! I sympathize with your work situation-- actually, the big thing with my coworkers is that they all end up sleeping around with each other... ^_^

I admire you for standing your ground when it's so tough out there. Happy to have you with us!

2 people like this

-Sorry to be blunt/graphic, but any woman who hears that on her wedding night will just pounce on her new hubby lol :wub:

Let her pounce away, hahaha! To her hearts desire, and then some. God bless her if she does ;-)

4 people like this

Hey Live the Dream, welcome to the site. WOW you have one heck of a busy life. :) haha i would go bonkers if i had all that to do. :D Anyways, welcome again and i Hope you get all the support and encouragement you need here. :)

1 person likes this

However, I have earned respect from some for standing my ground, then there are others who call me "half of a man" for not stooping down to everyone's level.

Trust me, waiting until marriage makes you more of a man than any of those people will ever be.

2 people like this

Trust me, waiting until marriage makes you more of a man than any of those people will ever be.

Thanks man!

Welcome to this site of fellow waiters and supporters! Hope you enjoy your time here!

1 person likes this